How To: Authorize VBA compatibility software using an ESU single use license code
When authorizing an ArcGIS Software module using an Authorization License "Code", the steps to follow are slightly different from authorizing the software using an Authorization License "File".
Follow the instructions below.
- Open ArcGIS Administrator.
- Select the Desktop - Basic (ArcView) Single Use radio button, and click Authorize Now.
- Select the first option in the dialog window: I have Installed my software and need to authorize it, and click Next.
- In the next dialog window, select the second option: Authorize at Esri's website or by Email to receive your authorization file. Click Next three times.
- Enter the ESUxxxx authorization code received from the Esri Customer Service representative. Save the license configuration file to the local disk drive.
- Follow the instructions in the Software Authorization Wizard dialog. Click Save to save the authorization information to disk, and select one of the options below to finish the authorization process:
- Upload the authorization information file to the My Esri website (recommended). Sign in to https://my.esri.com/#/activations/secure-site and follow the instructions displayed.
- Email the authorization information file to email@example.com. Esri will email your authorization file to the given email address. Once the authorization file is received, restart the ArcGIS Administrator, and click the Authorize Now button. Select I have received an authorization file from ESRI and am now ready to finish the authorization process, and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If option 6i was chosen, download the newly generated authorization file to the computer (a .prvc file). This is a copy of the final license authorization file, and it can be used to perform offline authorization of the VBA compatibility software in the future, in the event that the software is de-authorized or removed.
- At this point, the VBA compatibility software is authorized via an online process. There is no need to upload the downloaded .prvc file to ArcGIS Administrator. To confirm that the software was authorized, check the list of authorized software in ArcGIS Administrator. Note that the Authorized column for VBA compatibility shows yes, meaning it is correctly authorized.
- Open ArcMap. Confirm that under the Customize menu, an extra menu item exists, VBA Macros. Click this menu option to open the VBA Editor window.