Error: ORA - 01653: Unable to extend table
When attempting to create a new feature in an Oracle geodatabase, the following error is returned:
Error: Error: ORA-01653: unable to extend table
The Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) USERS table space quota is full.
Solution or Workaround
Use one the following workarounds to fix the error:
- Create a new data file to compensate for the remainder of the table space. For more information, refer to the following web help document: ArcGIS Desktop: Creating data files in Oracle.
- Increase the amount of space allowed in the USERS table space using the following sample SQL query:
ALTER USER [username] QUOTA 100M ON [tablespace name]
- Grant users unlimited table space using the following SQL query sample:
GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO [username]
- ArcGIS Desktop: Create a geodatabase in Oracle
- ArcGIS Desktop: System tables of a geodatabase stored in Oracle