Problem: Unable to access the Portal Administrator Directory
Portal for ArcGIS administrators are unable to access the Portal Administrator Directory when connecting via an ArcGIS Web Adaptor or an HTTPS (7443) connection.
An example of the Portal Administrator Directory URL is: https://webadaptor.domain.com/arcgis/portaladmin
This issue may occur when an invalid certificate is used in the Portal for ArcGIS configuration file.
A possible workaround for this issue is to switch back to the default self-signed certificate, as follows:
- Stop the Portal for ArcGIS Windows Service.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\framework\runtime\tomcat\conf
- Right-click the server file, and click Edit.
User must be an administrator to edit.
- In Notepad, press Ctrl + F to open the Find dialog box and type keyAlias. The invalid certificate name is in quotes after the equal sign for this parameter, for example: keyAlias="CertificateName"
- Change the certificate name to portal, which is the default certificate setting.
- Click File > Save.
- Restart the Portal for ArcGIS Windows Service.
Last Published: 7/25/2017
Article ID: 000013721
Software: Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.1, 10.4.1, 10.3, 10.2