FAQ: Is it possible to have an image attachment displayed as a thumbnail in an ArcGIS Online pop-up?
Is it possible to have an image attachment displayed as a thumbnail in an ArcGIS Online pop-up?
To display an image attachment as a thumbnail in the pop-up, the URL where the attachment is stored in the service must be referenced directly from the pop-up as a photo. This can be accomplished through the following steps:
Add the URLs of the image attachments as attributes in a field
- Create a String field in the attribute table of the feature service through the Map Viewer.
- Click on a feature to bring up the pop-up with the attachment link: Right-click the image attachment link and copy the link address.
- Go back to the Map Viewer and Edit the feature. Paste the URL in the field created in Step 1.
- Repeat these steps for all desired attachments.
- Configure pop-ups on the layer to Show Images.
- Optionally uncheck the box for 'Show feature attachments as links' in the pop-up configuration.
Note: This option requires the use of ArcGIS for Desktop.Feature service image attachments can be displayed in a web map's pop-up by using the workflow and script provided in the GeoNet thread Show attachments in web map pop-up. The script converts the feature service attachment URLs to field attributes. The attachment can be displayed directly in the pop-up as a thumbnail after using the workflow to Show Images when configuring the pop-up.
- ArcGIS Online Help: Configure pop-ups
- GeoNet: Show attachments in the ArcGIS Online pop-up window
- Tips for displaying photos in pop-ups
- ArcGIS Ideas: Show attachments in ArcGIS Online pop-up window