Problem: ArcGIS Data Store on Amazon Web Services does not upgrade properly without first modifying property files
When upgrading the ArcGIS Data Store to version 10.4 or 10.4.1 from earlier versions, the Data Store Configuration Wizard generates the following error:
JSONObject["datastore.release"] not found’.
The reason for this is that on Amazon Web Services (AWS), the IP address of the machine must be used to connect to the data store when upgrading, instead of the hostname.
Solution or Workaround
After installing the new ArcGIS Datastore software, however, before running the ArcGIS Data Store Configuration Wizard to complete the upgrade process, modify the hostidentifier.properties file to use the IP address of the machine.
- Install the new ArcGIS Datastore software, however, do not run the ArcGIS Data Store Configuration Wizard.
- Stop the ArcGIS Data Store service.
- Navigate to <ArcGIS Data Store installation directory>/framework/etc.
<ArcGIS Data Store installation directory>/framework/etc.
- Make a backup copy of hostidentifier.properties and place in a safe location in another folder.
- Open the hostidentifier.properties file in a text editor.
- Uncomment the following line:
- Save and close the hostidentifier.properties file.
- Start the ArcGIS Data Store service.
- Finish the upgrade process by running the ArcGIS Data Store Configuration Wizard on AWS.