Problem: Unable to configure the ArcGIS Web Adaptor with Portal for ArcGIS
When configuring ArcGIS Web Adaptor with Portal for ArcGIS, the configuration fails with no error.
There are several possible reasons for this issue.
- The machine does not have a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN)
- The ports required by Portal for ArcGIS are not set in the firewall exception
- The host is referring to using 'http' instead of 'https'
- The Portal for ArcGIS installation is corrupted.
Use one of the following solutions to solve this issue:
- Install Portal for ArcGIS in an FQDN-enabled machine.
- Add the ports required by Portal for ArcGIS in the firewall exceptions. For more information about setting Windows firewall exceptions, refer to the following web help document, Microsoft Help: Allow a program to communicate through Windows Firewall.
- Configure SSL on the web server to redirect the browser to use Https domains instead of Http domains. For more information, refer to the following web document,
Microsoft Support: How To Set Up an HTTPS Service in IIS.
- Completely uninstall Portal for ArcGIS, delete the residual folder, and run a fresh installation of Portal for ArcGIS.
Last Modified: 1/10/2017
Article ID: 000013293
Software: Portal for ArcGIS 10.2,10.3 Portal for ArcGIS 10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2, 10.3, 10.3.1