Problem: Unable to configure the ArcGIS Web Adaptor with Portal for ArcGIS
When configuring ArcGIS Web Adaptor with Portal for ArcGIS, the configuration fails with no error.
There are several possible reasons for this issue.
- The machine does not have a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
- The ports required by Portal for ArcGIS are not set in the firewall exception.
- The host is referring to using 'http' instead of 'https'.
- The Portal for ArcGIS installation is corrupted.
Solution or Workaround
Use one of the following solutions to resolve this issue:
- Install Portal for ArcGIS in an FQDN-enabled machine.
- Add the ports required by Portal for ArcGIS in the firewall exceptions. Consult the network administrator about setting Windows firewall exceptions.
- Configure SSL on the web server to redirect the browser to use HTTPS domains instead of HTTP domains. For more information, refer to Microsoft Support: How To Set Up an HTTPS Service in IIS.
- Completely uninstall Portal for ArcGIS, delete the residual folder, and run a new installation of Portal for ArcGIS.
- Portal for ArcGIS Administrator Help: Configuring the ArcGIS Web Adaptor
- Portal for ArcGIS: Installing Portal for ArcGIS
- Portal for ArcGIS: Common problems and solutions