Bug: Register option is not available on the Item Details page for apps in the Portal for ArcGIS home application
In the Portal for ArcGIS home application, the Item Details > Register option for apps is not available.
Note: This bug was fixed in Portal for ArcGIS version 10.4.
This is a known issue. If the app being registered is hosted on the same web server as the web adaptor that is configured with the portal, the Item Details > Register option is not displayed on the page.
Register the app using the ArcGIS Portal Directory sharing application.
- Open the Item Details page for the app item.
- Copy the item ID portion of the URL.
In the following example, the ID is '42ea1b5cdefd4013ac13038927f237d6'.
- Open the ArcGIS Portal Directory sharing application and log in as a member with administrative privileges. The URL is in the format:
- Navigate to Home > OAuth2 > Register App.
- In the Register App form, enter:
- Item ID: This is the ID copied in Step 2
- App Type: Select either browser, native, server, or multiple from the dropdown
- Redirect URIs: Enter using the format ["https://<server>:<port>"] or ["https://<server>:<port>","https://<server1>:<port>"]. These are valid addresses that users of the app can be redirected to after they successfully log in.
- Click Register App. The Registered App page displays the App ID and App Secret.
Last Published : 2/14/2019
Article ID: 000013283
Software: Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1, 10.3