Error: No GUI components found in this Add-In. Add-In version does not match
When attempting to install an add-in in ArcMap using the Add-In Manager, the following error message displays:
No GUI components found in this Add-In. Add-In version does not match."
This error occurs if the version stated in the Config.esriaddinx file is higher than the ArcGIS version installing the add-in.
Note: Add-ins do not support backward compatibility; that is, if an add-in targets ArcGIS version 10.2.x, the add-in works in version 10.2.x or higher but not in version 10.1.x or lower.
Solution or Workaround
The solution provided guides users on how to update the add-in version in Visual Studio using the source code of the add-in project.
- In Visual Studio, unload the project by right-clicking the project folder name in Solution Explorer and selecting the 'Unload Project' option.
- When the .csproj file is displayed, right-click the file name and select the 'Edit' option.
- If ArcGIS 10.2.x and later is used, change all XML tags containing the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Esri\ESRI.ArcGIS.AddIns.targetsto:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Esri\ESRI.ArcGIS.AddIns.11.targets
- Update the target version. If, for instance, ArcGIS 10.2.x is used, change the target version to 10.2.
- Save the .csproj file and close the file.
- Reload the project by right-clicking the project folder and selecting the 'Reload Project' option.
- Open the Config.esriaddinx file and update the target version.
<Targets> <Target name="Desktop" version="10.2" /> </Targets>
- Compile the add-in and use the newly created esriAddIn file to install the addin. The add-in should now install without displaying the error.