Problem: When using the CatalogUI dialogs in ArcObjects SDK 10.4 for .NET, some icons are missing
When using the GxDialogClass or SpatialReferenceDialog from custom code, the icons are missing:
The custom application is loading an older version of the Windows Common Controls. Version 6.0 or better of the Common Controls must be used: Common Control Versions
Solution or Workaround
Add an application manifest file to the project and specify the correct version of the Common Controls. Windows 7 SP1 or better is required.
- Right-click the project in Visual Studio Solution explorer.
- Click Add > New Item.
- Select 'Application Manifest File' (Visual C# shown) and click Add.
- Edit the app.manifest file. Scroll to the bottom of the app.manifest file and remove the comments from this section of XML:
The <trustInfo �> and <compatibility �> boilerplate sections from the app.manifest can be deleted, unless they are needed for other purposes.
- Save the edits.
- Rebuild the project and run it.
Check 'Enable native code debugging' or the app.manifest is ignored when running in the debugger.
- The icons should now be displayed in the dialogs.