How To: Upgrade the map specifications of multiple IBM Cognos reports
A new utility in Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 6.1 allows administrators to upgrade the map specifications of multiple map-enabled reports in a batch process.
Upgrading the map specification of a report created using an earlier version of Esri Maps for IBM Cognos significantly improves map loading performance for users. A map-enabled report that is not upgraded to the latest version of Esri Maps for IBM Cognos goes through a complete upgrade process each time a user runs it, which results in the map loading slowly.
In earlier releases of Esri Maps for IBM Cognos, upgrading map specifications was a manual process that involved opening and saving one map at a time in Esri Maps Designer. While this manual process is still available, the new upgrade utility in version 6.1 provides a much faster automated process.
Reports containing custom or unsupported configurations should not be upgraded using this utility.
Instructions provided describe how to upgrade reports using the new map specification upgrade utility.
- Create a backup of the reports whose map specifications are to be upgraded.
Only map-enabled reports created using version 5.0.1 or later can be upgraded.
- In a supported web browser, enter the URL for the upgrade utility—
- Search for reports that contain maps by browsing to and selecting the desired folders or reports and then clicking Search.
When the search is complete, map-enabled reports are listed on the right. Only map-enabled reports created using version 5.0.1 or later are listed. Reports that have already been upgraded and new reports created using version 6.1 are listed as Upgraded in the Status column.
- Select the reports to be upgraded or click Select All to select all listed reports.
- Click Upgrade.
Reports created using earlier versions of Esri Maps for IBM Cognos are upgraded and the status for each is listed as Upgraded.
- Open an upgraded report and verify its configuration.