How To: Create a provisioning file for software authorization in ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Server
The instructions provided describe how to create a provisioning file for software authorization in ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Server.
- Log in to My Esri.
- Navigate to My Organizations. Click the Licensing tab.
- Under Licensing, click License Esri Products. This displays the Select Product and Licenses tab.
- Select the appropriate Product, Version, License type, and Licenses.
- Select License File as the File Type. Click Next.
- Select the products to license. Click Next.
- Select the extensions to license, if applicable. Click Next.
- Complete the fields under End User Information. Click Next.
- Review the license files. Select the Delivery Method and click Create File.
Note: Selecting the Email Address option prompts the system to send the License File to the email address provided in the End User Information section. Selecting the Download option downloads the License File to the user-specified directory in the computer.
If the user does not receive a provisioning file from Esri Customer Service, the provisioning file can be created using a template retrieved from ArcMap: Provisioning files.
For more information on licensing Esri products, refer to wiki.GIS.com: Field Guide to Esri Licensing.
- ArcMap: Provisioning files
- ArcMap: Introduction to installing and configuring ArcGIS Desktop
- ArcGIS Desktop/License Manager Guide: License manager installation and startup
- HowTo: Create a provisioning file for software authorization
- wiki.GIS.com: Field Guide to Esri Licensing