How To: Create a provisioning file for software authorization for ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS for Server
The instructions provided describe how to create a provisioning file for software authorization in ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS for Server.
- Log in to your My Esri account.
- Navigate to My Organizations, and click the Licensing tab.
- Under Licensing, click Provisioning. This displays the Step 1A: Select Provisioning Options page.
- Select Desktop, Pro or Server as the Product Type.
- Select the appropriate Version, License, and Provision.
- Select Provision as the File Type, and click Apply.
- Review the product in Step 1B: Select Products, and click Next. This displays Step 2A: End User Information.
- Complete the fields under End User Information.
- In Step 2B: Delivery Options, specify the delivery option by clicking either the Download or E-mail button.
If the E-mail option is selected, be sure to complete the E-mail field under User Information with the email address to where the .pvrc/.prvs file is sent.
If the download option is selected, the .pvrc/.prvs file is downloaded to the user-specified file location in the computer.
- Click the Create File button. The provision file is created.
If the user does not receive a provisioning file from Esri Customer Service, the provisioning file can be created using a template from the following ArcGIS Web Help topic: Provisioning files.
For comprehensive information about licensing Esri products, refer to the following Wiki.GIS.com page: Field Guide to Esri Licensing.
- ArcGIS Help: Introduction to installing and configuring ArcGIS for Desktop
- ArcGIS Help: License manager installation and startup
- HowTo: Create a provisioning file for software authorization