FAQ: Is it possible to export feature collections to a file geodatabase directly in ArcGIS Online?
Is it possible to export feature collections to a file geodatabase directly in ArcGIS Online?
It is not possible to export a feature collection item directly to a file geodatabase. However, a feature collection can be published as a hosted feature service and the hosted feature service can then be exported to a file geodatabase. The steps are described below:
- In ArcGIS Online, go to Content.
- Click the feature collection item to open its Item Details page.
- Click Publish to create a feature service.
- In Content, browse to the feature service item to open the Item Details page.
- Click Export Data > Export to FGDB. This opens the Export to File Geodatabase window.
- Specify the title and tags, and click Export.
- A file geodatabase item is created in Content which can then be downloaded.
- ArcGIS Online Help: Feature collections
- ArcGIS Online Help: Publish a feature collection
- How To: Export a feature service to a file geodatabase feature class in ArcMap