Error: Not enough memory to create requested bitmap
This error is returned when exporting a map as a JPEG, PNG, or TIFF file.
This error may occur due to one of the following reasons:
• The dots per inch (DPI) value set is too high.
• The map document or data frame is corrupt.
Solution or Workaround
If the DPI value is too high, decrease the value of the DPI before exporting the map.
1. In ArcMap, click File > Export Map.
2. In the Export Map window, click the General tab in the Options section.
3. Decrease the DPI value by typing the value.
4. Click Save.
Create a new map document, and add the layers from the Catalog window into the new map document.
- ArcGIS Help: Exporting your map
- Error: Cannot map metafile into memory. Not enough memory
- Problem: Printing or exporting complex maps can cause ArcMap or ArcPress to hang, crash or generate errors