Error: ArcPad - Error 1320. The specified path is too long
"Error 1320. The specified path is too long C:\ProgramData\Documents\ArcPad"
This issue may be caused due to corruption of the symbolic links in the Windows NTFS file system specified directories.
The user profile to perform these steps must be an Administrator to the local machine. Caution should be taken when performing this operation.
- Click Start > Search, type folder options in the search bar, and press Enter.
- In the Folder Options dialog box, on the View tab, set the following options:
- Select Show hidden files, folders and drives
- Deselect Hide protected operating system files
- Click OK.
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData and locate the Documents shortcut.
- Click and drag the Documents shortcut to another location. For example, the Desktop
- Install ArcPad.
- When the installation is complete, move the Documents shortcut back to its original location
- Navigate back to the Folder Options dialog, restore the following settings:
- Deselect/uncheck Show hidden files and folders
- Select/check Hide protected operating system files
- Click OK.
Last Modified: 5/11/2017
Article ID: 000012893
Software: ArcPad 10.2.2 ArcPad Extension 10 ArcPad 10, 10.0.1, 10.0.2, 10.0.3, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2, 10.2.3