Error: ArcPad - Error 1320. The specified path is too long
"Error 1320. The specified path is too long C:\ProgramData\Documents\ArcPad"
This issue may be caused due to corruption of the symbolic links in the Windows NTFS file system specified directories.
Solution or Workaround
Warning: The user profile to perform these steps must be an Administrator to the local machine. Caution should be taken when performing this operation.
- Click Start > Search, type folder options in the search bar, and press Enter.
- In the Folder Options dialog box, on the View tab, set the following options:
- Select Show hidden files, folders and drives
- Deselect Hide protected operating system files
- Click OK.
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData and locate the Documents shortcut.
- Click and drag the Documents shortcut to another location. For example, the Desktop
- Install ArcPad.
- When the installation is complete, move the Documents shortcut back to its original location
- Navigate back to the Folder Options dialog, restore the following settings:
- Deselect/uncheck Show hidden files and folders
- Select/check Hide protected operating system files
- Click OK.