Error: The feature could not be moved. The junction has invalid geometry
When moving a feature participating in a geometric network during an edit session, an error is returned displaying the following message.
Error: The feature could not be moved. The junction has invalid geometry.
This error displays as a result of one of the following reasons:
- Some of the features have invalid geometry. To identify invalid features, use the Verify Network Feature Geometry tool in the Geometric Network Editing toolbar.
- There is a connectivity problem between some features. To identify connectivity problems in the network, use the Verify Connectivity tool .
Note: The Verify Network Feature Geometry and Verify Connectivity tool require an ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced or Standard license.For more information on identifying and repairing connectivity and geometry problems in a geometric network, refer to the following ArcGIS Web Help topic: About Verify Network tools and commands.
- There is a composite relationship class between features. Network features connected to each other that also participate in a composite relationship can cause conflicting movements of the features during editing. For more information on geometric network features participating in composite relationship classes, refer to the following knowledgebase article: Can geometric network features participate in composite relationship classes with one another?
Solution or Workaround
Depending on the cause of the error, the steps to resolve the issue are different:
- If there is invalid geometry, remove the invalid feature and recreate the feature.
- If there is a connectivity problem between the features, repair and rebuild the connectivity in the network by using the Repair Connectivity and Rebuild Connectivity tools . For more information on repairing network connectivity, refer to the following ArcGIS Web Help topic: About repairing network connectivity.
- If the features participate in a composite relationship, delete the relationship class before attempting to move the feature. Features can be recreated with simple relationship classes, if desired. For more information on how to delete a relationship class, refer to the following ArcGIS Web Help topic: Deleting a relationship class in the Catalog tree.
- ArcGIS Help: About editing geometric network features
- ArcGIS Help: Verify And Repair Geometric Network Connectivity
- ArcGIS Help: Relationship class properties
- Error: The version could not be reconciled. The junction has invalid geometry (i.e. non-point or invalid location)
- Error: The features geometry could not be modified, invalid geometry
- Bug: NIM082664