Problem: Publishing from a registered database returns a warning indicating the database is not registered
When data to be published on ArcGIS for Server is analyzed, the Analyzer window returns a warning indicating the database data source is not registered with ArcGIS for Server even when the database is already registered.
The following are a few examples of errors, which are prompted when a database is detected as not registered:
- 00134: Layer's data source is not supported.
- 00090: <value> requires a registered database.
- 00059: Layer's data source is not registered with the geodatabase.
- 24011: Data source is not registered with the server and data will be copied to the server.
There are several known causes for this issue:
- The MXD contains layers from a legacy version database, which cause incompatibility with the current database version. This can happen when data is copied from a legacy software version to a newer version.
- The database connection used for adding a feature layer is inconsistent with the database connection used for registering the database with ArcGIS for Server.
- Login credentials on ArcGIS for Server and the database are inconsistent. This can be because the login credentials are not saved when registering the database.
Solution or Workaround
Below are several recommendations for solving this issue:
- Add the feature containing the legacy versioned layers to a new map document, and re-analyze the data before publishing to ArcGIS for Server.
- Register a new database connection to ArcGIS for Server by using ArcGIS for Desktop or ArcGIS Server Manager.
- The following article demonstrates how to register multiple versions of the same database with ArcGIS for Server - How To: Register different versions of the same database
- ArcGIS for Server: Compatibility of ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Server with earlier versions
- ArcGIS for Desktop: Setting data sources
- ArcGIS for Server: 00134: Layer's data source is not supported
- ArcGIS for Server: 00090: value requires a registered database
- ArcGIS for Server: 00059: Layer’s data source is not registered with the geodatabase
- ArcGIS for Server: 24011: Data source is not registered with the server and data will be copied to the server