How To: Georeference CAD data
Georeferencing CAD data involves assigning a coordinate system and applying a transformation to the CAD data. The instructions provided describe how to georeference CAD data in ArcMap.
Note: Before georeferencing the CAD data, assign the desired projection. For more information, refer to the following KB article: How to define the projection for ArcGIS data.
- In ArcMap, add the CAD data to the map.
- Load the Georeferencing toolbar, navigate to Customize > Toolbars > Georeferencing.
- On the toolbar, select the desire CAD feature layer from the dataset.
- Zoom to the desired destination area, and navigate to Georeferencing > Fit To Display.
- To create the first link, click the Add Control Points tool, and snap to the endpoint of the desired parcel feature.
- To save the updates, click Georeferencing > Update Georeferencing.
Note: The CAD World File window displays.
- In the CAD World File window, save the desired file name and file type as World.
- Click Save.