How To: Add Collector for ArcGIS (Windows) as a registered application to Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1
Collector for ArcGIS (Windows) became available after Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 was released. This application does not have a pre-registered App ID in versions of Portal for ArcGIS prior to 10.4. The following procedure allows customers running Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 to register the Collector for ArcGIS (Windows) App ID with the Portal.
If planning on upgrading to Portal for ArcGIS 10.4 from 10.3.1, do not use this procedure. Upgrade Portal and install Collector for ArcGIS normally. See KB46344.
Use the following steps to Collector for ArcGIS (Windows) as a registered application to Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1
- Open the ArcGIS Portal Directory sharing application and login as a member with administrative privileges. The URL format is:
- Navigate to the administrative user’s content.
- Under Supported Operations choose Add Item.
- In the Add Item form, enter:
· Title: collectorwindowsstore
· Type: Application
· Type Keywords: Application
· Tags: collectorwindowsstore
- Click Add Item.
- On the User Item page, under Supported Operations, click Share Item.
- On the Share Item page, set Share with Everyone to True.
- Click Share Item.
- On the User Item page, select and copy the ID value.
- Under Related Operations, click Register App.
- On the Register App page, enter:
· Item ID: This is the ID copied in step 9.
· App Type: Select multiple from the dropdown
· Redirect URIs: Enter ["urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob"] - This value allows the successful authentication response to be sent to the portal URL.
- Click Register App. The Registered App page displays the App ID.
- On the Registered App page, copy the App ID value.
- Open the ArcGIS Portal Directory admin application and login as a member with administrative privileges. The URL format is:
- Navigate to Home > Security> OAuth> Change App ID.
- One the Change App ID page, enter:
· Current App ID: This is the App ID copied in step 13.
· New App ID: Enter collectorwindowsstore
- Click Change App ID.