How To: Install the 2009-2013 American Community Survey (ACS) Data Add-on
Before installing the 2009-2013 American Community Survey (ACS) Data Add-On, the following software components must be installed and properly configured.
· ArcGIS Desktop
· ArcGIS for Desktop Background Geoprocessing (64-bit)
· Esri Business Analyst Desktop
· Esri Business Analyst for Desktop Background Geoprocessing (64-bit)
· Esri Business Analyst 2015 Data
Follow the steps below to install the ACS data update. Once installed, this data can be used within the Business Analyst wizards for spatial overlay and for reporting. There are two standard reports included with this data add-on: ACS Housing Summary and ACS Population Summary.
- Copy the Data and Datasets directories into the directory where your 2015 Business Analyst data is installed, for example:
When prompted, select the option to merge the existing directories and select copy and replace for the USA ESRI 2015.xml file
- Open Business Analyst using the 2015 Business Analyst.mxd or the 2015 Business Analyst Web.mxd.
- Click the Add Data button and browse to the Data directory, for example:
Add the 2015 Business Analyst - ACS 2009-2013 (BDS).lyr file.
- Save the map document, for example, 2015 Business Analyst with ACS.mxd. Open this .mxd when access to the ACS data in Business Analyst is needed.