Bug: NIM095032 - ArcGIS for Server 10.2 does not honor the leader tolerance set for annotation in services.
If a leader line is hidden because the leader tolerance is not satisfied in a map document, the same leader line will be visible in the resulting map service.
This is a known issue. Until a permanent solution is implemented, use the following workaround.
Delete the leader lines entirely instead of hiding them using a leader tolerance.
To remove the leader lines from the annotation layer do the following in ArcMap:
- In ArcMap, open the map document that was used to publish the map service.
- Open an edit session. Click the Editor tool > Start Editing.
- Use the Select Elements tool from the Drawing Tools (not the Edit Tools) to select a label.
• If correct tool is selected there will be a blue dashed line around the text.
- Right-click the label and choose Properties.
- From the text tab, select Change Symbol
- In the Symbol Selector dialog box, click Edit Symbol.
- From the Advanced Text tab of the Editor dialog, click the Properties button under Text Background.
- From the Text Background Properties dialog, uncheck the Leader checkbox.
- Repeat this process for each feature that should not display leader lines.
- Re-publish the map service by overwriting the existing map service.
- In ArcMap, click File > Share As > Service, and select Overwrite an existing service.
See the Related Information section below for a video that shows the process described above.
Last Published : 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000012695
Software: ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced 10.1 ArcGIS for Desktop Standard 10.1 ArcGIS GIS Server 10.1