Error: ArcGIS Server site is currently being configured by another administrative operation. Please try again later
When attempting to start or stop services that are hosted with the ArcGIS Server site, an error message similar to the following may be returned:
Error: "ArcGIS Server site is currently being configured by another administrative operation. Please try again later."
The error can be returned if the Windows account that is running ArcGIS Server does not have sufficient permissions to the ArcGIS Server directories and configuration store.
Solution or Workaround
Ensure that the Windows Account associated with Windows Service ArcGIS Server has adequate permissions to the ArcGIS Server folders.
On the machine that is hosting ArcGIS Server:
- Check the permissions of the ArcGIS Server account for the following folders:
- <ArcGIS Server installation directory>\arcgisserver
- <ArcGIS Server installation directory>\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server
- <Python Installation directory>\Python27
- If possible, provide full control permissions to the parent and child objects that reside within these locations.
- Run the Configure ArcGIS Server Account utility.
- Restart the ArcGIS Server Windows service.