Error: ArcGIS Server site is currently being configured by another administrative operation. Please try again later
When attempting to start or stop services hosted with the ArcGIS Server site, an error message similar to the following may be returned:
Error: ArcGIS Server site is currently being configured by another administrative operation. Please try again later.
The error can be returned if the Windows account running ArcGIS Server does not have sufficient permissions to the ArcGIS Server directories and configuration store.
Solution or Workaround
Ensure the Windows account associated with the ArcGIS Server Windows service has adequate permissions to the ArcGIS Server folders.
On the machine hosting ArcGIS Server:
- Check the permissions of the ArcGIS Server account for the following folders:
- <ArcGIS Server installation directory>\arcgisserver
- <ArcGIS Server installation directory>\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server
- <Python Installation directory>\Python27
- If possible, provide full control permissions to the parent and child objects residing within these locations.
- Run the Configure ArcGIS Server Account utility.
- Restart the ArcGIS Server Windows service.
- ArcGIS Enterprise: What permissions do I need to grant to the ArcGIS Server account?
- ArcGIS Enterprise: Changing the ArcGIS Server account
- Error: The ArcGIS Server is not able to connect to the specified directory
Last Published: 7/29/2020
Article ID: 000012685
Software: ArcGIS GIS Server 10.1 ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server 10.8.1, 10.8, 10.7.1, 10.7, 10.6.1, 10.6, 10.5.1, 10.5