Problem: A prompt to sign in using an IWA Portal occurs in the Operations Dashboard
Sometimes when using Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) on a Portal for ArcGIS deployment, and attempting to sign in to Operations Dashboard, a prompt my appear requesting log-in credentials.
To use SSO (single sign-on) with Operations Dashboard, the portal must be listed in the Local Intranet safe sites list.
Solution or Workaround
- Open Internet Explorer. Click the Settings icon, select Internet Options, the Security tab.
- On the Security tab, select the Local intranet zone, and click the Sites button.
- In the Local intranet dialog box, click Advanced.
- Add the portal site to the list of websites in this zone.
- Click Add, and Close.
- Navigate back to Internet Options and select the Advanced tab.
- Scroll to Enable Integrated Windows Authentication and be sure the box is checked. Click OK.
- Re-launch Operations Dashboard to use SSO to sign in automatically.
Last Published: 3/1/2019
Article ID: 000012666
Software: Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS (Legacy) 10.3.4, 10.3.3, 10.3.2, 10.3.1, 10.3, 10.2.4, 10.2.3, 10.2.1, 10.2, 10.1.1