Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
When attempting to publish a feature layer to ArcGIS for Server, the following error is displayed:
"Validation of service definition failed. :Invalid service definition. Cannot have "mixed" data stores with a feature or geocode service."
The following are possible causes for this error.
• The map document is corrupt.
• In some instances, map documents retain information from a previous file geodatabase or SDE database that can cause this issue.
• The ArcGIS for Server account attempting to access the file geodatabase had insufficient permissions.
Follow the suggested options below to solve the issue.
If the map document is corrupt, recreate the MXD and republish it. To do so:
1. Open the corrupt MXD in ArcMap, select all the layers of the current MXD and save as a new layer file (.lyr) to preserve symbology.
2. Open a new ArcMap session.
3. Add the saved layer file from step 1.
4. Save as a new MXD and republish.
The Analyze function can assist in determining if there are issues with the GIS resource before publishing. The following documentation describes the Analyze function in detail, ArcGIS for Server: Analyzing your GIS resource.
Please check the server logs for more information about this generic error.