Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Accessing ArcGIS for Server through an ArcGIS Web Adaptor located in a perimeter network returns the following error:
The following are possible causes for this issue:
• The ArcGIS Web Adaptor located in a perimeter network is unable to resolve the hostname of ArcGIS for Server.
• Security settings in ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory are configured to only allow HTTP.
• Insufficient hardware resources on the server hosting ArcGIS Server may cause a loss of connectivity.
• Windows Firewall rules do not allow access for ports 443 and 6443 on the ArcGIS Server Machine.
• Certificate Name Mismatch - common name (domain name) in the certificate does not match the address in the address bar of the browser.
• Web Adaptor starts before ArcGIS for Server and is unable to establish a connection to the machine.
• The ArcGIS Server Web Adaptor for Java is not compatible with Java Standard Edition (SE) Runtime Environment 8.
The solutions provided are specific for each situation described above.
• Add a Domain Name System (DNS) entry in the hostname file on the machine located in the perimeter network.
Lines beginning with the symbol '#' are inactive and may be used to insert comments in the hosts file. Remove the symbol '#', before making changes to the hosts file. Follow the example in step 3.