FAQ: What are some common issues encountered when authorizing licenses for ArcGIS Evaluation software?
What are some common issues encountered when authorizing licenses for ArcGIS Evaluation software?
The user authorized a single-use EVA (Evaluation) license using the ArcGIS License Manager instead of the ArcGIS Administrator.
1. Uninstall the License Manager. It is not needed for the Evaluation edition.
2. The EVA number must be activated at the following web site.
Once activated, the license can be authorized by the following steps:
2. Select Programs (or All Programs) > ArcGIS > ArcGIS Administrator.
3. Click the Desktop folder.
4. Select 'ArcInfo (Single Use)', and click Authorize.
5. Follow the directions and enter the provided EVA number when prompted.
GeoNet: 10.1 install error code 96?
The version of the software installed does not match the version of the EVA license number used; for example, version 10.1 is installed, but the version authorization number is for 10.0.
Uninstall the installed version and install the version that matches the EVA license number.
Error: 7109: Invalid Activation ID: ESU123456789-1020
Bug: CityEngine 2012.1 authorization fails with the error: 7109:Invalid activation ID
GeoNet: ArcGIS 10 Trial Authorization Problems
The EVA license number has not been activated by the user.
1. Go to the Esri Education Edition website, sign in using an Esri Global Account, and enter the EVA number for authorization.
2. Open the ArcGIS Administrator and authorize the ArcGIS Evaluation software.
Error: 7174: Only deployed entitlement line item can be fulfilled
Error 7174: Authorization request for EVAXXXXXXXXX cannot be completed
GeoNet: ArcGIS 10.2 Activation Problem
The 'Authorize' button is grayed out
Cannot complete the authorization process since the authorization button is grayed out.
Log in as the Administrator on the machine. Even on a personal computer, it does not mean that one is logged in as the Administrator. Log off and back on with admin rights to complete the authorization process.
GeoNet: Cannot connect to license manager ArcGIS 10.2
After entering an EVA number, the 'Next' button is grayed out.
A blank space after the EVA number may have been inadvertently copied and pasted when entering the EVA number, making the Software Authorization Wizard recognize the number as invalid.
Type in the EVA number manually and then the Next button should become active.
Error: ArcView is not authorized for use.
The wrong license level was selected (Basic, Standard, Advanced), and it does not match the license level of the EVA number.
1. Look up the EVA number and make sure the correct license level has been selected in the Administrator; re-authorization is not necessary.
2. Switch the license level, click Apply and OK.
Error: ArcEditor/ArcView is not authorized for use
ArcMap and ArcScene errors - ArcView not authorized
I installed ArcGIS 10.2.2 with a 1 year student license but can't open ArcMap