How To: Upgrade Briefing Book items created in earlier releases to display in the July 2015 release
Previous versions of the Briefing Book application (April 2014) created Briefing Books in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS as web mapping applications with properties defined as 'Purpose: Ready to Use' and 'API: Other.'
To see Briefing Books created using the April 2014 release of the application in the July 2015 release of the Briefing Book application, it is necessary to edit the Briefing Book item.
Use the following steps to update a Briefing Book item's properties in the ArcGIS Online organization or Portal for ArcGIS site to make the books visible in the July 2015 release of the application:
- Browse to the ArcGIS Online organization or Portal for ArcGIS site and sign in with a named user account.
It is necessary to be the owner of the Briefing Book item or have administrator privileges to make these changes.
- Locate the Briefing Book item.
If it is not known where the item is located, search for the title of the Briefing Book in the search box.
- Select the Briefing Book to be updated and click Edit.
- Scroll down to the Properties section.
- Update the property for 'Purpose to: Configurable'.
- Click Save to save the edits.
- Browse to the July 2015 release of the Briefing Book application in a web browser, clear the browsing cache and test the application to ensure that the Briefing Book is updated correctly.
- If there are still issues with viewing Briefing Books in the new application, and all the steps above have been completed correctly, please see the following page to troubleshoot the Briefing Book application.