Error: ERROR 001785: Unable to connect to the database used for scene caches (Unidentified Error)
When attempting to publish a scene service from ArcGIS Pro, publishing may succeed while the scene cache status reports 'Failed' or 'Unknown'. In this case, check the ArcGIS server logs for the following message.
"ERROR 001785: Unable to connect to the database used for scene caches (Unidentified Error)."
If this error message is in the ArcGIS server logs, the problem is related to the acceptance of the secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate used by the ArcGIS Data Store scene cache database.
Solution or Workaround
The ArcGIS server administrator can correct the issue by the following steps:
- Log in to each ArcGIS server machine using the ArcGIS server account. This is the account that was created to run ArcGIS server processes when ArcGIS for Server was installed.
- Open the Internet Options for the first ArcGIS server machine. This can be accessed through Internet Explorer or the server's Control Panel.
- Click the Advanced tab and look for the Security section.
- Uncheck the option 'Check for server certificate revocation'.
- Restart the ArcGIS server service.
- Repeat Steps 1-5 for each ArcGIS server machine on the site.