FAQ: Is it possible to print a web map directly from the ArcGIS Online map viewer as a PDF?
Is it possible to print a web map directly from the ArcGIS Online map viewer as a PDF?
No, it is not possible to print a web map directly from the ArcGIS Online map viewer as a PDF. The map viewer only uses MAP_ONLY and PNG32 as the output formats.
The map viewer, not the print service, prevents this operation. For a different output type, use a different client or an application with more printing capabilities, such as the following:
- The Basic Viewer application template can generate a PDF of both the landscape and portrait layouts.
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS has the Print widget, which allows for a more customized output. For more details, refer to the following Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS help page, Print widget.
For more information about configuring a custom print service with ArcGIS for Server, refer to the following ArcGIS Online Help document, Configure utility services.
- ArcGIS Online Help: View maps in the map viewer
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Help: Make your first app
- FAQ: Is it possible to print legends in a web map?
Last Published: 4/30/2019
Article ID: 000012507