Error: Create join link failed: To create a join link, select two points or select a point and a line (no curve)
When joining a parcel to a parcel fabric, the following error message is returned:
Error: Create join link failed: To create a join link, select two points or select a point and a line (no curve).
The error occurs due to one of the following reasons:
- The Append File tool automatically places the XML data in a different layer of the parcel fabric.
- When using the Create Join Link tool to join the parcels, the control points are not recognized.
- There is a known issue regarding the joining of CAD data to a parcel fabric.
Solution or Workaround
Change the parcel type after the parcel is appended.
- Open the attribute table where the newly created data is located.
- Start an edit session.
- Change the parcel type in the attribute table to move the data to the appropriate layer.
Delete or repair the parcel point in the control point record before joining the new parcel to the parcel fabric.
Create new control points using the Regenerate Fabric tool. For more information on regenerating parcel fabric geometry, refer to the following ArcGIS Web Help topic, Data review and cleanup tools.
Use Trace fabric to create join links instead of the Create Join Link tool.
For more information on establishing join links, refer to the following ArcGIS Web Help topic, About joining parcels.