Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
In some cases, when publishing a time-enabled mosaic dataset as an image service, the time slider does not display the correct imagery information.
This issue occurs due to one of the following reasons:
• The 'Use Time' option in the Mosaic Dataset Properties dialog box is set to 'No'.
• The ArcGIS Image Extension for Server is not installed or activated.
Set the Use Time option
Set the Use Time option in the Mosaic Dataset Properties dialog box to 'Yes'.
1. In ArcMap, right-click the mosaic dataset in Catalog > Properties.
2. Click the Default tab, and scroll to the Time section.
3. Click the Use Time drop-down arrow, and select Yes.
4. Configure the Start Time Field, End Time Field, Time Value Format, Time Interval Value, and Time Interval Units as desired.
5. Click OK.
Enable the ArcGIS Image Extension
Activate the ArcGIS Image Extension for Server, and publish the data as an image service.
The ArcGIS Image Extension for Server requires the ArcGIS for Server Standard or Advanced license.
The ArcGIS Image Extension for Server is a part of the ArcGIS for Server installation process, and it requires a separate license. Starting from ArcGIS 10.0, this extension requires no other special installation and can be activated by authorizing the extension.