How To: Delete annotations stored in a map document in ArcMap
Instructions provided describe how to delete annotations stored in a map document in ArcMap.
There are two ways to delete annotations from a map document:
- Use the Select Elements tool to select the desired annotation:
1. Click the annotation to be deleted.
2. Press the Delete key on the keyboard.
- Remove the annotation from the Annotation Groups tab in Data Frame Properties window:
1. In the ArcMap menu, click View.
2. Select Data Frame Properties.
3. Click the Annotation Groups tab.
4. Select the annotations to be deleted.
5. Click Remove Group.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000012429
Software: ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced 10.3, 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2, 10.1 ArcGIS for Desktop Basic 10.3, 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2, 10.1 ArcGIS for Desktop Standard 10.3, 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2, 10.1