Problem: The Annotate Parcel Courses tool does not run as expected
The Annotate Parcel Courses tool from the Parcel Editor toolbar enables the creation of a new annotation and overwrites the existing annotation of selected parcels using an annotation class.
In some instances, running the tool results in unexpected behavior, such as:
• No annotation is created.
• ArcMap stops responding.
• Creating annotation takes longer than expected.
• All features within the extent of the annotation feature class are selected, rather than the intended features.
Using the Annotate Parcel Courses tool on a large annotation feature class results in poor performance, since it takes longer to query for the spatial extent.
This behavior is documented in the following known limitation, NIM103075. This issue has been resolved in ArcGIS for Desktop 10.3. See the Related Information section for more information.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve this issue, select one of the following options.
2. Run the Annotate Parcel Courses tool.
ii. On the Parcel Editor toolbar, navigate to the Parcel Editor drop-down > Start Editing.
iii. Select parcel features using the Select Parcel Features tool.
iv. Click the Annotate Parcel Courses button.
v. In the Annotate Selected Features window, select the annotation classes, and click OK.
- ArcGIS Help: The Local Government Information Model
- Bug: NIM-103075
- ArcGIS Help: Annotation and labeling in the parcel fabric