FAQ: Can I match symbols to a style in ArcGIS Pro?
Can I match symbols to a style in ArcGIS Pro?
No, the 'Match to symbols in a style' function is currently unavailable in ArcGIS Pro. The symbols must be changed manually for all features.
However, as a workaround, this functionality can be achieved using a layer file created in ArcMap. Follow the steps below:
- In ArcMap, create and save a layer file.
- Assign the symbology to the layer by matching the desired style files as described in the following link: Learn to Match Symbols to a Style in ArcMap.
- Right-click the layer name in the Table Of Contents, and click Save As Layer File.
- Type the name of the new layer file.
- Save the new layer file (.lyr) in the desired location.
- Add the layer file created from Step 1 to ArcGIS Pro.
- Open ArcGIS Pro, and create a new map.
- Add the layer file saved in Step 1 to the map. The layer is symbolized as it is in ArcMap.
- ArcGIS Pro Help: Symbolize your data
- ArcGIS Pro Help: Add data to a project
- ArcWatch: Learn to Match Symbols to a Style in ArcMap
- GeoNet: ArcGIS Pro needs Match Symbols to Style