Problem: License Manager does not start after upgrading to ArcGIS 10.3
After upgrading ArcGIS License Manager to ArcGIS 10.3, the License Manager does not start, or it stops shortly after starting.
ArcGIS 10.3 License Manager has dependencies on the Windows Management Instrumentation and the WMI Performance Adapter. Previous versions did not have this dependency. If these services are disabled, ArcGIS 10.3 License Manager does not run.
Solution or Workaround
The Windows Management Instrumentation and WMI Performance Adapter must be enabled. The example below uses the Windows 2008 R2 64-bit Server platform.
- Click the START button.
- At the command prompt in the Start Search box or the Run box, type the command:
- The Computer Management window opens. Navigate to Services and Applications > Services.
- Find the following services and ensure the 'Startup Type' is not set to 'Disabled'.
• Windows Management Instrumentation
• WMI Performance Adapter
- For other Windows operating systems, view the Help section for the specific OS for directions on how to access the Computer Management Services section.