Problem: Unable to activate an ArcGIS Online trial subscription
When activating an ArcGIS Online trial subscription for an organization, the activation link or page does not function, stops responding, or an error occurs.
This issue may be caused by one of the following:
- Old web browser version
- The web browser used, such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, is outdated.
- Existing username
- The username is registered to another user.
- Invalid username or password
- The username or password is not accepted because the criteria is not met.
- Corrupted activation link
- The activation link provided is corrupted.
- Corrupted email address
- The email address associated with the activation link is corrupted.
- A network issue
- If the machine is in virtual private network or has a firewall with strict rules, the machine may not be able to direct to the link.
- Expired trial activation link
- The 30-day trial activation link has expired.
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Upgrade the web browser to the latest version.
- Try a different username.
- Ensure the username and password meet the criteria.
For more information, please refer to the following ArcGIS Online Web Help topic: Activate subscription.
If the trial subscription still cannot be activated, use the options provided below to resolve the issue.
- Contact the Customer Service representative to request a new activation link.
- Use a different email address when requesting a new activation link.
- Use a different machine to activate the trial subscription.
- Navigate to Sign Up for the ArcGIS Trial to sign up for a new trial subscription.
- Activate the token directly by following the instructions below:
- Open the email from ArcGIS Online Accounts.
- Find the activation link and copy the activation code located at the end of the URL. For example, the activation code in the following activation link is f540048750eb679963af.
- Paste the activation code to the end of the following URL:
- If the issue is still not resolved, please contact Esri Support Services.
Last Modified: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000012345
Software: ArcGIS Online Current