Problem: Unable to export a feature layer with attachments from ArcGIS Online for Organizations to a file geodatabase
When backing up data from ArcGIS Online for Organizations, exporting feature layers with a large number of attachments to a file geodatabase results in an error or in missing feature layer attachments.
This is a known issue.
Solution or Workaround
Create a replica from the REST endpoint of the hosted feature service, and download the file geodatabase in a ZIP file format.
Instructions are available in the following Esri Knowledge Base article:
HowTo: Retrieve attachments from a hosted feature service
- Esri Knowledge Base: HowTo: Retrieve attachments from a hosted feature service
- ArcGIS Online Help: Extract Data
- Esri Support: Bug NIM103837
- ArcGIS Online Help: Use hosted web layers
- ArcGIS Help: The Create Replica wizard