Problem: Creating parcel remainders returns a Construction method error
When creating a parcel remainder by right-clicking the overlaying parcel feature and selecting Parcel Remainder, a "Construction method error" is returned.
This error occurs because the underlying parcel feature is composed of line strings instead of two-point line segments.
Solution or Workaround
Split the Line Strings. Follow these instructions:
- Open the Parcel Details window.
- Click the Lines tab.
- Right-click the Line String, and select Split Line String.
- Rejoin the parcel to the fabric.
- ArcGIS Help - The elements of a parcel
- ArcGIS Help - Creating remainder parcels
- ArcGIS Help - Creating parcels with natural boundaries