Error: The account could not be used to sign in because it is not authorized to use ArcGIS Pro
After installing ArcGIS Pro, attempts to initialize the application and sign in to ArcGIS Online return the following error:
Error: "The account could not be used to sign in because it is not authorized to use ArcGIS Pro."
The issue is caused if:
• The beta license for ArcGIS Pro is still in use.
• The license for ArcGIS Pro has not yet been configured.
Solution or Workaround
- Go to the ArcGIS Online portal and sign in.
- Click My Organization > Manage Licenses.
- Select a member name and click Configure.
• For multiple users, select member's names and click Configure.
- Follow the directions provided in the following link, depending on the number of members, under 'Configure licenses'.
- Check available license and extensions > Update. A notice appears saying the licensing change has been successfully configured.
- Launch ArcGIS Pro and sign in to ArcGIS Online.
- Create a new, blank project.
- Click Project, and select Licensing to view the licensing information and installed extensions.
Note: Check the Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline check box to use ArcGIS Pro offline. Only administrators of organizations provisioned for ArcGIS Pro are able to manage licenses.
- ArcGIS Blog: Resolve recent problems with ArcGIS Pro authorizations
- ArcGIS Pro Web Help: Review ArcGIS Pro licensing information