Problem: Unable to view all scale levels in a web map when a custom cached map service is added as a basemap
When a custom cached map service with different scale levels is added as a basemap in ArcGIS Online, all of the expected scale levels do not show in the web map.
This problem occurs when the first 20 scale levels of the custom tiling scheme fall in-line with the default tiling scheme present in ArcGIS Online. The map viewer fails to show the additional scale levels present in the custom tiling scheme, as ArcGIS Online does not detect tiling scheme changes.
Solution or Workaround
Save the web map, and refresh the browser to view all the scales in the web map.
- HowTo: Set a custom scale range for a tile service in ArcGIS Online
- FAQ: Is it possible to zoom in further than the scale of 1:1128 on a default ArcGIS Online basemap?
- ArcGIS Help: About tile packages
- Bug: NIM098746 - The ArcGIS Online map viewer does not initially honor additional scales...
- Bug: NIM098747 - The Portal map viewer does not initially honor additional scales...