Problem: Unable to view labels enabled for hosted feature services in the Collector for ArcGIS application for Android and iOS
Labels enabled for a hosted feature service using the Create Labels option in ArcGIS Online do not display when the same hosted feature service is accessed in the Collector for ArcGIS application for Android and iOS.
This is a known limit.
Solution or Workaround
To view labels in the Collector for ArcGIS application, label the map in ArcMap instead of ArcGIS Online.
- In ArcMap, add labels to the map and publish the map as a tiling service by following the instructions in the ArcGIS Online Help: Publish tiles document.
- In ArcGIS Online, add the entire map service with the URL ending in </MapServer> to a blank web map.
- Add the feature service in addition to the map service. Do not configure the labels in ArcGIS Online.
- Save the web map and open it in the Collector for ArcGIS application.
Note: If duplicate labels are present in the tiled map service, refer to the Esri KB article, Problem: Duplicate labels are present for tiled or cached map services in ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Resources: Collector for ArcGIS
- ArcGIS Help: What is ArcGIS Online?
- Bug NIM103494
- Bug NIM103495
- ArcGIS Resources: Approaches for publishing services with ArcGIS
Last Published: 12/6/2019
Article ID: 000012244
Software: Collector for ArcGIS Classic (Android) 18.0.3, 18.0.2, 18.0.1, 17.0.4, 17.0.3, 17.0.2, 17.0.1 Collector Classic (iOS) 19.0.2, 18.0.3, 18.0.2, 18.0.1, 17.0.4, 17.0.3, 17.0.2, 17.0.1