Error: 080002: The row contains a bad value
In Business Analyst Desktop, when users attempt to geocode a table of addresses in an Excel spreadsheet using the Store Setup Wizard, the following error message is displayed:
"080002: The row contains a bad value.”
The error may be caused if the table of addresses in the Excel spreadsheet contains invalid characters.
Solution or Workaround
If the table of addresses in the Excel spreadsheet contains invalid characters, use the following steps:
1. Ensure the Excel table is formatted correctly. For more information on how to do so, refer to the following Knowledge Base article, HowTo: Format a table in Microsoft Excel for use in ArcMap.
2. Complete the geocoding process in Business Analyst Desktop using the Store Setup Wizard.
- ArcGIS Help: Store setup tool
- ArcGIS Help: Customer setup
- ArcGIS Help: Introduction to the Business Analyst tutorial