Error: Error 00181: Locator must be registered with the server composite locator."
When attempting to publish a composite locator from an ArcSDE database, users receive the following error message:
“Error 00181: Locator must be registered with the server composite locator.”
Individual locators may be published without an error.
This issue occurs if the settings in ArcGIS Server Manager for ArcGIS 10.2 and above or the settings in the Administrative Directory for ArcGIS 10.1 are configured to prevent copying data to the server. Composite locators must be allowed to be copied to the server. By default, ArcGIS for Server allows publishers to copy data to the server automatically when publishing. However, the server administrator may block data copying if concerned about data accumulation.
Solution or Workaround
Enable data to be copied to the server.
ArcGIS 10.2 and above:
- Open ArcGIS Server Manager, and log in.
- Click Site > GIS Server > Data Store.
- In the Data Store Settings dialog box, check the Allow data to be copied to the site when publishing services check box.
- Click Save.
- Open the Administrator Directory, and log in.
- Click data > config > update.
- In the Update Datastore Configuration page, enter the following string into the Datastore Configuration Properties dialog box:
- Click Update.
- ArcGIS Help: Creating a composite address locator
- ArcGIS Help: 00181: Locator must be registered with the server
- ArcGIS Resources: REST API Admin
- ArcGIS Help 10.2: Disabling automatic data copying when publishing to the server
- ArcGIS Help 10.1: Disabling automatic data copying when publishing to the server
- ArcGIS Help 10.7: Disable automatic data copying when publishing to the server