Problem: Unable to access the Network Analyst toolbar
ArcGIS Network Analyst is an ArcGIS for Desktop extension that allows users to perform network-based spatial analysis. In some instances, users are unable to utilize Network Analyst tools because the toolbar appears to be shaded.
There are several possible reasons for this issue:
· The Network Analyst extension is unchecked in the Customize menu.
· A network dataset is not added into ArcMap.
· There are broken links in the map document (MXD).
Solution or Workaround
Below are several options to resolve the issue:
- Turn on the Network Analyst extension by navigating to Customize > Extensions, and check the Network Analyst check box.
- Add a network dataset into ArcMap. For steps to create a network dataset, review the following ArcGIS Help topics: Creating a network dataset and Building a network dataset in ArcMap.
- Re-reference the dataset to reset any broken links. For steps to repair the broken links, read the following ArcGIS Help topic: Repairing broken data links.