How To: Add a field to an ArcGIS Online hosted feature service
The instructions provided describe how to add attribute fields to an existing ArcGIS Online hosted feature service.
- Sign in to ArcGIS Online.
- Open an existing feature service or web map in the ArcGIS Online map viewer.
- Under a feature layer in the Contents pane, click the Show Table icon to open its attribute table.
- Once the attribute table displays, select Add Field from the Table Options drop-down menu.
Note: Only the owner of a hosted feature layer or an administrator of the organization is able to make changes to the attribute schema.
- ArcGIS Help: Work with fields
- ArcGIS Help: Publishing a hosted feature service using an ArcMap document
- ArcGIS Help: About editing data from feature services
- ArcGIS Blog: Quick Tips – Consuming Feature Services with Geoprocessing
- ArcGIS Help: Show tables