Problem: The ArcGIS Server Manager login page requests a portal token.
Attempting to access the ArcGIS Server Manager login page returns the following message:
This error can occur if the ArcGIS for Server security protocol has changed.
Solution or Workaround
Clicking 'this link' displays the following Web Adaptor error:
"The ArcGIS Web Adaptor has been configured with SSL/HTTPS. Please enable SSL/HTTPS for your ArcGIS Server Site."
Use the following steps to correct this issue:
- Navigate to the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory login page (http://server.domain.com:6080/arcgis/admin), and log in using a primary site administrator account.
- Select security > config > update.
- Change the protocol setting from HTTP and HTTPS to HTTP Only.
- Click Update, and wait until the Security/Config page is reloaded. This restarts the services.
- Click 'update,' and switch the protocol setting from HTTP Only to HTTP and HTTPS.
- Click Update, and wait for the services to be restarted.
- Once the update is made, check if the ArcGIS Server Manager endpoint is accessible. Log in using a primary site administrator account (http://server.com:6080/arcgis/manager).
- Check if the REST URL (https://server:6443/arcgis/rest) is accessible and services are working properly.
- After finishing the steps above, users may need to reconfigure the GIS Server with the Web Adaptor.