Problem: Unable to rerun the Build Pyramids tool after the connection is lost
If the connection to a file geodatabase is lost while running the Build Pyramids tool, attempting to rerun the tool fails.
In some instances, the user is also unable to add rasters to the dataset and the following error is displayed: "Invalid raster dataset. Failed to create raster layer."
The pyramids or file geodatabase may have become corrupt as the tool failed while processing the raster datasets.
Solution or Workaround
To solve this issue, follow the steps below.
- Remove the raster pyramids. Refer to this link: How do you delete or remove raster pyramids?
If the Build Pyramids tool fails, proceed to Step 3.
- Rerun the Build Pyramids tool.
- If still unable to run the Build Pyramid tools, create a new file geodatabase. To create a new file geodatabase, refer to the following link: Creating a file geodatabase from the Catalog tree.
- Build Pyramids (Data Management)
- Build Pyramids And Statistics (Data Management)
- Error: Invalid raster dataset, failed to create raster layer - The selection cannot be displayed in the current view
- Error: Invalid raster dataset. Failed to create raster layer