Error: You are not licensed for Geodatabase Editor
After an ArcGIS upgrade with 64-bit background geoprocessing enabled, the error below is generated intermittently when running a tool. This occurs even when the tool does not perform a geodatabase editor task:
"You are not licensed for Geodatabase Editor.
Use the ArcGIS Administrator to view the software availability, change the license manager, or switch the ArcGIS software product."
The cause of the error has yet to be determined.
Solution or Workaround
There are multiple options to work around the issue.
- Disable 64-bit background geoprocessing by following the steps below:
1. In ArcMap, navigate to Geoprocessing > Geoprocessing Options...
2. In the Background Processing section, uncheck the 'Enable' check box to disable the background geoprocessing.
3. Click OK and rerun the tool.
- To continue using background processing, remove 64-bit background by uninstalling it. Tools execute in the 32-bit space when background processing is enabled.
- To continue using 64-bit background, contact Esri Technical Support to investigate this issue. Note this technical article when contacting Support.