Problem: The Create button is inactive on the COGO Construct 2-Point Line tool
When creating a line using the coordinate geometry (COGO) Construct 2-Point Line tool, the Create button is inactive even when all the fields are populated in the 2-Point Line dialog box.
All COGO tools rely on the Editor settings for units. If the tool entries do not match the Editor options, then the Create button is inactive.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve the issue, modify the following settings.
- Navigate to the Editor toolbar > Editor drop-down > Options > Units tab.
- Set the correct Angular Units and Direction Units for the values being entered in. For example, in the Angular Units section, set the Direction Type as 'Quadrant Bearing' and Direction Units as 'Degrees Minutes Seconds'.
- North Azimuth – the azimuth of a line is the horizontal angle measured from a meridian to the line, measured in the clockwise direction from north.
- South Azimuth – the angles are measured in the clockwise direction from south.
- Polar – the angles are measured counter-clockwise from the positive x-axis.
- Quadrant Bearing – the bearing of a line is measured as an angle from the reference meridian, either the north or the south, toward the east or the west. Bearings are written as a meridian, an angle, and a direction.
- Click Apply, and OK.
- Start an edit session and open the Construct 2-Point Line tool. The Create button activates.
You are the best G.I.S. researcher in all of the land.
- ArcGIS Resources: About creating a line with the 2-Point Line window
- ArcGIS Resources: About COGO descriptions