Error: Domain user account\arcgis not found. 80070035: The network path was not found
When configuring the ArcGIS Server account during an installation or upgrade of ArcGIS 10.1 and above, if a domain account is specified in the login settings, the following error message is received:
"Domain user account domain\arcgis not found. 80070035: The network path was not found."
This error occurs when login rights are denied to the machine where ArcGIS for Server is installed. The settings are denied if:
• the ArcGIS Server account on a user's machine does not have permission to connect to the domain
• users specify a domain account that does not exist
• users are currently disconnected from the domain
Solution or Workaround
Use one of the solutions listed below to solve the issue.
• Configure the ArcGIS Server account to automatically log in to the domain account in Windows Active Directory. To do this, refer to the following ArcGIS Web Help Topic: Advanced considerations when using domain accounts.
• Be sure to specify a domain account using the format DOMAIN\username when configuring the ArcGIS Server account during an installation or upgrade of ArcGIS 10.1 and above.
• Use a local account instead of a domain account.