Problem: Feature labels disappear under non-text graphics
When users are working with features that have labels in ArcMap, drawing non-text graphics (such as a circle or line) causes the feature labels to disappear under the non-text graphics.
The default label weight ranking set for the labels is too high.
Solution or Workaround
Follow the steps provided to display the feature labels on top of or below non-text graphics.
- Click Customize > Toolbars > Labeling to add the Labeling toolbar in ArcMap.
- On the toolbar, click the Label Weight Ranking button.
- In the Weight Ranking dialog box, ensure the Feature Weight of the default layer is set to '0' or None.
- In the 'Show:' drop-down menu, select Annotations and Graphics.
- Set the graphic layer's Weight to Low.
Only feature classes with labels in the currently active data frame are listed on the Weight Ranking dialog.
- ArcGIS Help: A quick tour of the Labeling toolbar
- ArcGIS Help: Weighting labels and features
- Problem: After using the drawing tools to draw polygons or lines, labels are moved or disappear